In recent and at , almost 200 victims have lost their belongings or been made homeless by the disasters. Provident Bank is collecting toys and toiletries to donate to the families who have suffered those losses.
All five of the Middlesex County branches are accepting donations:
- Iselin branch at 1220 Green Street
- Metropark branch at 100 Wood Avenue South in Iselin
- Perth Amboy branch at 339 State Street
- Woodbridge branch at 325 Amboy Avenue
- Woodbridge Center branch at 1000 Woodbridge Center Drive
Items that are particularly desired include new toys, books, games, new sporting equipment and toiletries, including shampoo, bath soap, tooth brushes, toothpaste and other personal care things.
“Dozens of people have been left homeless and their possessions destroyed. Children are feeling the loss of a favorite toy and there is still a need for personal care items and other necessities. We want to do our part to help our neighbors during this time,” said Jean Quinn, vice president of public relations at Provident.
The collection drive will continue through Monday, August 6.