Mayor John McCormac announced the line up for the Mayor's Summer Concert Series last week.
Now in its 13th year, the free outdoor concerts are held outdoors behind Woodbridge High School, near the Public Health Building. All concerts are on Monday evenings and begin at 7:30 pm.
The series is sponsored by Sansone Route 1 Auto Mall, ShopRite, and Woodbridge Center Mall.
Concert goers should bring a chair or blanket, since the performances are held outdoors. They are also asked to bring a donation of canned goods and other non-perishable foodstuffs to replenish the township's food banks for the needy.
Kelly Peterson, winner of the 2011 'Woodbridge Idol' contest, and other Idol finalists will take turns performing before the main acts.
The dates and performers for the series are:
- July 11: 'Brooklyn Reunion Show,' featuring The Classics, The Passions, and The Mystics
- July 18: 'Big Shot,' a Billy Joel Tribute
- July 25: 'Harold Melvin's Blue Notes'
- August 1: 'Bobby and The Jets,' an Elton John Tribute
- August 8: The Dupress
- August 15: Kenny Vance & The Planotones
- August 22: 'Hotel California,' an Eagles Tribute
- August 29: The Infernos