It’s Grab & Go Kids Planner time! Stuck for ideas to entertain the kids this weekend? We’ve got you covered!
There’s lots to do this weekend, and the best part is? They’re all either free or support good causes! We’ve got a Seafood Festival in Belmar, The Incredibles at the Woodbridge Main Public Library, and the Colonia/Woodbridge Community Day (plus a TON of other promotions) at the Somerset Patriots game on Sunday. There’s also the 100th anniversary celebration of Fords Fire Company, and my personal favorite – a rubber ducky festival in Berkeley Heights! So what are you waiting for? Grab the kids & go this weekend!
As always, be sure to tell us if you think we forgot something. And if you know of an event that deserves a mention in this planner in the future, be sure to add it to the calendar!
- Disney Store Day Matinee – The Incredibles at ; G. Frederick Plaza, Woodbridge; 973-634-4450; Price: FREE; Saturday, 2:30-4:30 PM
Get a break from the sun and check out a free movie at the Woodbridge Main Public Library on Saturday. FREE tickets will be handed out starting at 2 PM for the 2:30 PM showing of The Incredibles. All ages are welcome to this event!
- Fords Fire Company Presents 100th Anniversary Parade & Festival at ; 667 King George Rd., Fords; 732-372-8972; Price: FREE; Saturday, 11:30 AM
Another weekend, another festival! This time, the Fords Fire Company will celebrate it’s centennial on this with a parade and festival. Festivities kick off at 11:30 AM, and the parade steps off an hour and a half later. Look for free, local family fun at the fire house all day Saturday!
- New Jersey Seafood Festival at Silver Lake Park; 5th and Ocean Ave., Belmar; 732-681-3700; Price: FREE; Friday 4-8 PM, Saturday 11-8 PM, Sunday 11-7 PM
The annual New Jersey Seafood Festival is celebrates it’s 25th year this weekend. Ranked among one of the top 100 events in America, the Seafood Festival features, well…seafood, and lots of it. But beyond that, there’s also the popular Children’s Fun Tent, which features storytelling, crafts, inflatables, music, and more. Vendors and other attractions will be set up for your entertainment as well. Plus, the whole festival’s right by the water, so if you and the kids are into shrimp, lobster, calamari, and all manner of seafood – this is the place to be.
- 8th Annual Rubber Ducky Festival at Passaic River Park; 161 Springfield Ave., Berkeley Heights; Price: FREE ($5 to adopt a duck in the race); Saturday, 12-4 PM (June 25th rain date)
Another festival, but this one was too incredible to pass up. Admission is free to Berkeley Height’s annual Rubber Ducky festival. Adopt a duck for $5 and send him downstream in the festival’s signature event, the rubber ducky race down the Passaic River. Proceeds from the rubber ducky adoption go towards causes in Berkeley Heights, such as the local First Aid squad and the Rotary Club. And of course, there’s food, games, a car show, and everything you’d expect out of a festival in the summer in New Jersey – there’s even a concert called DuckFest!
- Colonia/Woodbridge Community Night to Support the Eric LeGrand Fund at 1 Patriots Park, Bridgewater; 732-382-0273; Price: $9 per ticket; Sunday, 1:35 PM
It’s Colonia/Woodbridge Community Night at the ballpark Sunday when the Somerset Patriots take on the Camden Riversharks. Tickets ordered through this offer will be only $9 and proceeds will benefit the Eric LeGrand fund. Also going on at the ballpark Saturday – a Youth Jersey giveaway for the first 1,500 kids in attendance, meet Spongebob Squarepants, Girl’s Softball Day, and Twins Day, where twins and multiples are celebrated, and Stitch n Pitch, for the knitters who may be reading! That’s quite a bit to do for a $9 ticket.