The impending winter storm is is expected to bring heavy snow, ice and strong winds and with them, an increased possibility of downed wires leading to power outages.
The anticipated cold temperature can lead to increased calls to PSE&G for customers with insufficient heat. Response times may be longer than usual, the company warned today.
To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSE&G’s Customer Service line at 800-436-PSEG. Customers with a handheld device can report power outages and view the status of outages by clicking My Account at pseg.com.
General outages are available at www.pseg.com/outagecenter.
Tips for snow emergency kits:
- A battery powered radio.
- A corded telephone. (Cordless phones will not work if the power is out.)
- Flashlights and extra fresh batteries.
- A first-aid kit.
- Bottled water and an adequate supply of non-perishable food.
- A non-electric can opener.
- Matches and candles with holders.
- Extra blankets and sleeping bags.
- A list of emergency phone numbers, including PSE&G’s Customer Service line: 1-800-436-PSEG. Call this number to report power outages or downed wires.