National Public Lands Day will be observed on Saturday, Sept. 28, and in observance, the township has organized outdoor clean-ups in Colonia, Iselin, Avenel, Woodbridge and Sewaren.
Volunteer sign-ups are still being accepted to assist with the clean-ups, according to a press release from the township Mayor's Office.
The day will kick off at 9 a.m. with the annual Colonia Clean-up at Charlie Shaughnessy Park in Colonia, and will include clean-ups at the following locations:
- The Garden for the Blind, Woodbridge Township Library, Iselin Branch, 1081 Green St., Iselin
- Singer Park, adjacent to 154 Prospect Ave. Avenel
- Health Center Veterans Monument, 2 George Frederick Plaza, Woodbridge
- Butterfly Park, Omar Avenue, Avenel
- Parker Press Park, 325 Rahway Ave., Woodbridge
- Woodbridge Community Playground at Merrill Park, Iselin
- Sewaren Beach, 350 Cliff Road, Sewaren
Also on Saturday, the Ernie Oros Woodbridge River Festival will be going on over on Port Reading Avenue, complete with canoing and kayak rides on the rivr.