- Keep the kids entertained after school. The 's drop in youth facility is open for to all local middle school students living in Woodbridge Township. It's free and offers children activities such as a Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, movies, a pool table and ping pong among many other activities. The youth center is open Mondays through Fridays from 3 pm to 6 pm on school days. For more info, call 732-738-6261.
- Get a jump on January recreation. It's not too soon to think about how to keep gainfully employed in 2012; the is offering adults throughout the winter. They include adult karate; women's recreation; ceramics; basketball, and more. For more info, call 732-596-4048.
- Seniors can have fun, too. Recreational programs for township seniors are available through the , YMCA and Evergreen Senior Center. Seniors can for many exciting activities such as Wii video games, Mah Jongg, Zumba dance classes, craft workshops and yoga sessions. There are also computer-related classes and Tai Chi painting classes. For more info, call the YMCA at 732-596-4170 or Evergreen Senior Center at 732-726-6261.
- Enjoy "The Debt", which is being at 6:30 pm at the Mountainside Public Library, which continues to host free movie nights through January. The movies are free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served at these showings. Registration is not required. For more information, call 908-233-0115.
- There's still time to register for . Registration is now open for classes for adults, teens (ages 12-16), and children (ages 7–11) at Arts Guild New Jersey in Rahway. Classes begin the week of Jan. 14 and include an entire litany of new offerings. For complete course descriptions and class schedules, access the online course catalog at www.agnj.org (Art Classes page) or call 732-381-7511 for more info.