- See the 'Situation.' , the muscular reality star featured in MTV's “Jersey Shore” is set to appear at in Iselin tonight from 5 pm to 7 pm. Sorrentino will be signing bottles of Devotion vodka at the event. No one under the age of 21 will be permitted to enter unless accompanied by a parent. For more info, call 732-726-0077.
- Brush up on NJ's contribution to the Civil War. Macculloch Hall Historical Museum and the Sesquicentennial Committee are collaborating to produce “Gone for a Soldier: Jerseymen in the Civil War." The exhibition, which runs from Nov. 6 through July 1, 2012, features a unique perspective on the Civil War, focusing on New Jersey soldiers and their stories. The two organizations are using their expertise and connections to private and institutional collections to bring together an unprecedented amount of memorabilia describing the experience of New Jersey and her soldiers in the Civil War. Tours are Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1 pm to 4 pm. Admission is $6 for adults and $5 for seniors. Students 12 years and under and museum members are free. For more info, call 973-538-2404.
- Get a jump on January recreation. It's not too soon to think about how to keep busy in 2012; the is offering adults throughout the winter. They include adult karate; women's recreation; ceramics; basketball, and more. For more info, call 732-596-4048.
- Seniors can have fun, too. Recreational programs for township seniors are available through the , YMCA and Evergreen Senior Center. for many exciting activities such as Wii video games, Mah Jongg, Zumba dance classes, craft workshops and yoga sessions. There are also computer-related classes and Tai Chi painting classes. For more info, call the YMCA at 732-596-4170 or at 732-726-6261.
- Don't forget the hungry this holiday season. Drop off non-perishable food items at the , as part of the program that helps replenish and stock the township's 11 food banks.