Got a writing bug? Satiate it next month at the Tri-State Writers' Workshop.
They'll be holding a series of one-day writing workshops on Saturday, October 27, from 9 am to 4 pm at Middlesex County College in Edison. Professional writers will help aspiring writers become better at their realizing their amibitions. They promise "a very positive, supportive environment designed to stoke your creativity."
Workshops include poetry, essays, playwriting, and short stories as well as on how to get your work published. Most of the presenters are faculty at Middlesex County College and published authors.
The fee for the day-long workshop series is $75 in advance, or $80 at the door. The rate for students is $35.
The preliminary list of workshops include:
- “Writing About the Law,” Ronald Goldfarb.
- “Writing for the Stage and Screen,” Ben Marshall
- “Writing the Research Paper,” Melissa Edwards
- “Writing About Nature,” Gertrude Coleman
- “The Memoir,” Shirley Wachtel
- “Poetry Workshop,” Emanuel di Pasquale and Frank Finale
- “How to Teach Creative Writing to Children,” Melissa Edwards
- “Poetry and Power,” Hank Kalet
For more information, call 732-906-4250.