- Enjoy a night of great music. The will feature Hangover 2 and Jazz Jam tonight, along with a movie screening at 7 pm. Cover charge is $6. For more info, visit www.xxroads or call 908-232-5666.
- Don't miss the holiday train exhibit at the . Running through Dec. 29, the hours of 21st annual are 11 am to 4 pm weekdays and 2 pm to 4 pm weekends. Donations are welcome. For more info, call 732-634-0413.
- Courts Gone Wild? That's the name of a by Americans for Prosperity Foundation & Scotch Plains Fanwood Tea Party tonight at 7 pm at the Scotch Hills Country Club. Learn how the runaway Supreme Court has driven New Jersey’s economy to the brink and how to a Fair School Funding Plan will help reduce property taxes. For more info and to RSVP, go to their website. All are welcome.
- Enjoy another kind of 'Nutcracker' tonight. Specifically, , a holiday send up of the traditional 'Nutcracker', written by Emmy winner Peter Brash and Gerard Alessandrini, and starring Peter Scolari. It's playing tonight at 8 pm at the George St. Playhouse in New Brunswick. Tickets are $47.50. For more info, call 732-246-7717.
- Be a nonconformist. The paintings of Moscow artist Valery Yurlov, who worked in the 1960s and 1970s during the period, is on display at the Zimmerli Art Gallery in New Brunswick. The exhibition continues a series of one-man shows devoted to early nonconformist artists. Hours are Tuesday-Friday: 10am - 4:30pm. Weekends: 12 noon - 5pm. For more info, call 732-932-7237.