- Go to a fun flea market, and it's local, too! The continues to hold outdoor throughout the upcoming season at the Elks Lodge. Flea markets are held outside Tuesdays and Saturdays year-round from 7 am to 3 pm (weather permitting), and indoors on Thursdays from 8 am to 3 pm. Those interested in selling items are welcome to attend the flea market on the day of the event, or call 732-634-2116 for more information.
- Time for a Broadway road trip. The will have a to see “The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” tonight at The Palace Theatre in New York. Tickets are $90. Presented by Bette Midler, the musical is about three friends and what happens when the trio takes a wild road trip together. The bus will leave the at 4 pm. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 732-634-4500.
- Attend a seminar on local government services. The New Jersey Taxpayers Association will present a on consolidation and shared services in New Jersey October 20 starting at 10:00 am. The event will take place at the Morris County Library from 10 am to noon. For more info, call 973-285-6930.
- Speaking of government services, the will meet at the Avenel Middle School tonight at 7 pm. The are open to the public. For more information or to obtain a copy of a monthly agenda, call 732-750-3200.
- Get ready for steeplechase. The Far Hills Race Meeting, New Jersey’s most prestigious is celebrating its 91st running October 22 -- rain or shine -- at Mooreland Farms in Far Hills. Up to 50,000 spectators are expected to attend. The thoroughbred racing event is not only a longstanding tradition at Moorland Farms but serves as a fundraiser. Since the 1950s, more than $17 million has been contributed to the Somerset Medical Center in Somerville from proceeds of the steeplechase race. Admission is $50. For more information or to purchase a ticket, contact the Far Hills Race Meeting Association at 908-685-2929.
UPDATE: Massive Brush Fire Rages In Berkeley,…
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something