Just a week ago the area was waking up to downed trees, flooding and thousands of people with no power.
While some of that has changed (there are still thousands of people without power in Woodbridge and the area) the region is again bracing for another storm - this one not as powerful as Hurricane Sandy, but possibly still troublesome.
According to the National Weather Service, Middlesex County is under a High Wind Watch from Wednesday morning until Thursday morning, with winds expected to be between 20 to 30 mph in some areas, with gusts up to 60 mph.
With power lines still down, trees weakened, and people shivering in their heatless homes, can the area withstand another storm?
Austin Kosik, coordinator of the Office of Emergency Management in East Brunswick, says conditions won’t be as bad as some people are saying, and if they are, utility companies have extra help in the area to help.
“I don’t anticipate a huge interruption in the recovery from Sandy due to this storm,” said Kosik. “There will be some interruption, but I don’t expect a huge impact from the storm.”
According the the weather service, the highest winds should occur from Wednesday afternoon into the evening. But it is also warning that structures and trees weakened by the storm last week could cause further damage, particularly in areas where the electrical system remains in a weakened state. Debris from Sandy also could become a hazard.