The man responsible for the robbery of Garden State Community Bank in Cranford on Saturday could be the same person who has robbed six other New Jersey banks at gunpoint since January, according to the FBI’s Newark division.
A black male about 5-foot-10, weighing about 200 pounds, displayed a handgun at Garden State Community Bank in Cranford at about 1:30 p.m. on Saturday and demanded cash, Cranford Police said.
The FBI said the same man might be connected to the following New Jersey bank robberies:
- Nov. 20, 2012 – Wells Fargo Bank on Broad Street in Newark
- Jan. 20, 2013 – Investors Savings Bank on Amboy Avenue in Edison
- May 3, 2013 – Investors Savings Bank on Westfield Avenue in Clark
- May 30, 2013 – Garden State Commnity Bank on Green Street in Iselin
- June 6, 2013 – JP Morgan Chase Bank on Sterling Road in Watchung
- July 30, 2013 – Wells Fargo Bank on Broad Street in Newark (second time).
- Aug. 10, 2013 – Garden State Community Bank on North Avenue in Cranford
The man was wearing a baseball cap and displayed a handgun in all of the robberies, the FBI stated.
Anyone with information about these robberies can contact the FBI at 973-792-3000.