There are tons of holiday cheer in the township. Today, and over the weekend, Christmas events abound. So if you can't get in the mood, now's your opportunity!
Friday, Dec. 2
- 12:30 pm at the Woodbridge YMCA in the Woodbridge Community Center.
- 1 pm to 2 pm, at the Woodbridge YMCA in the Woodbridge Community Center. Choirs from township schools will perform holiday selections.
- 5 pm, at the Barron Arts Center on Rahway Ave.
Tree lighting conducted by Mayor John McCormac and council. Appearances by Santa and Mrs. Claus, choir singing by Horizon Woodbridge Community Choir and Woodbridge High School band.
- Opens after Tree Lighting Ceremony, exhibit runs through Dec. 29.
Hours are Mon-Fri, 11 am to 4 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 2 pm to 4 pm.
Saturday, Dec. 3
- New Brunswick Elks Lodge, 40 Livingston Ave.
9:30 am, $3 per person.
- Tree Lighting and Holiday Celebration
5 pm to 9 pm, Inman Ave., Colonia
Sunday, Dec. 4
- 1:30 p.m. from Woodbridge High School, along Amboy Ave. and down Main Street to Town Hall.
This year’s parade includes 75 groups, including unique holiday-themed floats, high school marching bands, holiday choirs, community organizations, student and veterans groups.