Here's a selection of what's coming up. Do you have a Halloween event you'd like listed? Email Jennifer.Bradshaw@Patch.com!
- Bring your pets to the Woodbridge Animal Shelter for "Howwwwl-o-ween" from 5-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24. Treats and pet giveaways will be given out. Pet costumes are encouraged!
- Paint a pumpkin from 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24 at Parker Press Park in Woodbridge. Participation is free.
- If you already have a pumpkin, stuff a scarecrow from 3-5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25 at Parker Press Park. Participation is free, but attendees must bring old clothing to stuff. Straw will be provided.
- Woodbridge High School will host its annual Haunted House on Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 at the former A&P location across from the high school. The "Happy Haunted House," suited for young children is open from 7-8 p.m., while a scarier haunted house is open from 7-10 p.m. on both days. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 12 and younger. Proceeds from the haunted house will benefit the Woodbridge High School Choir.
- The Port Reading Saints will host Halloween hayrides from 7-11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 at Saints Field, 100 Saints Boulevard in Port Reading. Families can also paint pumpkins, get their faces painted and munch on Halloween candy. Admission is $10.
- Kids are invited to grab their treat bags and head to the Woodbridge Community Center at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27 for Trunk or Treat. A costume contest will be held, with prizes going to the funniest, scariest and most original costumes.
- Halloween hayrides will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30 at Parker Press Park.