With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Bed Bath & Beyond or Home Goods and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Floral Expressions or Rising Up Garden Center for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to Barnes & Noble in Menlo Park and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to D'Orsi's Bakery in Port Reading or La Bonbonniere's Cookie Jar in Woodbridge and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to the Sports Authority in Iselin or Rookies & Stars Collectibles in Avenel and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories and collectibles for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Vito Mazza Salon & Spa in Woodbridge or Mosaic Salon & Spa in Avenel and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.