Halloween is a fun time for many children. "Trick or treat!" is a phrase the kids enjoying saying as they go through the neighborhood in their costumes. We have some tips on ensureing your child’s saftey during the festivities!
- Plan your route in advance. Only go to areas that you are familiar with.
- Dress your child in comfortable shoes. This will allow your child to walk safely, and avoid you from having to carry them!
- Keep Kids hydrated!
- Only go to well-lit homes and do not continue past 9:00pm
- Childrens should walk, not run- and should not cut through yard as there could be obstacles that are are not visible.
- Carefully inspect all candy before your child eats it.
Selecting a costume:
- Costumes that drag on the ground can be a safety hazard.- children can trip or get caught in bushes
- Make sure there is enough visibility and breathing through the mask.- parents should try on the mask and if needed cut hold to make the eye and breathing spaces larger
- Make sure the costume is warm or allows layers
- Ensure the costume is Bathroom friendly- pre plan a bathroom stop
- Use props that are flexible- swords, wands, knives and hard objects could injure the child if they fall, and they often get in the way of trick or treating and collecting candy!
- Be bright- have your child wear something flashy like a glow bracelet, reflective material or even light up shoes.
Courtesy of Childrens Lighthouse Learning Center in Woodbridge, which is fully accredited childcare & learning center. The center is located in the heart of Woodbridge on Main Street. For more information about our educational program committed to Early Childhood Learning, call our Center at (732) 218-8981.
Join us on Saturday November 3rd for the Fall Festival Grand Opening celebration with Free food and Free activities for the kids!!!
Our Mission at Childrens Lighthouse is to provide safe, quality, loving care and educational services. We aspire to promote the positive development of young children in all areas of growth including social, emotional, intellectual, physical, and creative. We commit to the most comprehensive educational materials available - A Beka. Childrens Lighthouse offers a nurturing environment designed to foster security and happiness. Our staff is dedicated to giving parents “peace of mind.”