The Middlesex County Board of Chosen Freeholders has announced warming stations around Middlesex County to provide relief for people without warm shelter from the snow.
The following locations have been designated as warming stations around Woodbridge on Tuesday, Jan. 21 and Wednesday, Jan. 22:
- The Woodbridge Community Center, 600 Main St., will be open from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The Edison Senior Centers, located at 2963 Woodbridge Ave. and the intersection of Inman Avenue and Grove Avenues will be open from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The Carteret Community Center, 100 Cooke Ave. will be open from 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- The Carteret Police Department is open 24 hours.
- The Perth Amboy YMCA, 357 New Brunswick Ave., will be open from 5:30-9:45 p.m.
- The Perth Amboy Salvation Army, 433 State St., will be open until 5 p.m.
- Municipal buildings around Perth Amboy will be open from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Residents are asked to call ahead to make sure the locations are open, according to the county.
For more information about warming stations around Woodbridge, call the township police department at (732) 634-7700.