Their stories go up on the front page and are distributed in the daily newsletter. Best of all, it's free publicity.
Do you want to tell Patch readers about your organization? Start a blog on Patch. Here’s how.
First, you have to start a blog. If you’ve never blogged with us before, here’s how to start your very own Patch blog:
1. Choose a Patch to host your blog. Go to that Patch’s homepage. For a complete list of the Patches in New Jersey, go to patch.com
2. On the Patch homepage, scroll down below the stories and above the events. There’s a green box (“Who’s Blogging?”) highlighting our wonderful bloggers and a brighter green button that says “Start Blogging!” Click that bright green button to start a blog.
3. Next you’ll name your blog, write a description and choose an icon. These will be displayed on all of your blog posts, so choose a name and description that describes what your blog will be about. (ex. Joe's Blog, Animal Rescue Blog, NJ Beekeeper, Goldfinch Cafe, Bayshore Musings)
4. Your blog is created! Follow the rest of the steps to post.
If you blogged on Patch before June 18, 2013, you can post on Patch without creating a new blog! Here’s how:
1. In the top right corner, click the button that says “Hi, Your Name!” (You must be signed in to see this.)
2. When the drop-down menu opens, click “Your Profile.”
3. On your profile is a list of blogs you have access to. Choose which one you want to post on and click on it.
4. Below the name and description of your blog, there’s a white box that says “Write a new post…” Click there.
5. Above your cursor, there are two words: Note and Article. Choose article for more formatting options.
6. Write! Don’t forget to add a photo.
7. Hit “Post Now.”
8. You’re live on the site!If you have any trouble, email Community Editor Anthony Bellano at Anthony.Bellano@patch.com.