The B.I.G. Celebration (Believe in Girls) takes place on June 23:
Open to all Troops, Families, Alumni and Individuals
Join thousands of Girl Scouts from around the nation.
Register now for The “Believe In Girls” (B.I.G.) Celebration, a day-long event culminating in an evening concert and fireworks spectacular featuring Grammy nominated artist and celebrity judge on NBC’s “The Sing Off,” Sara Bareilles, and pop star Joe Jonas of the band The Jonas Brothers.
The event will also include daytime performances from “The X Factor” finalist, Rachel Crow and other talented artists to be announced later this month.
The day-long event will include 100 activities taking place at the scenic Liberty State Park, which features 1,122 acres of open space and panoramic views of The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the New York Harbor. The activities will include:
– Join the National Wildlife Federation in planting native flower beds to attract the endangered North American Songbirds to Liberty State Park
– Perform in the highly-anticipated B.I.G. Celebration Flash Mob Dance
– Learning to rock climb in our B.I.G. RockwallZone
– Take fun pictures with your friends in a B.I.G. photo booth
– Creating SWAPS and other crafts at the A.C. Moore CraftZone
– Check out the B.I.G. Cooking Pavilion, where you will learn about “Living Healthy and Leading Healthy,” see a variety of exciting cooking demos, roll up your sleeves at one of the hands-on workshops and much more.
– Tackle the B.I.G. Obstacle Course
– Experience Living Liberty, the amazing “living Statue of Liberty”
– Visit the Port Authority of NY & NJ’s booth and meet George Washington Bridge Senior Resident Engineer, Andrea Giorgi Bocker, and learn about how a bridge is built and what an engineer does(and she is a Girl Scout!)
– Bounce in one of more than a dozen bounce houses at the B.I.G. BounceZone
– Shop at a Girl Scout Councils of New Jersey 100th Anniversary Shop (where you can pick up your FREE 100th B.I.G. Celebration patch!)
– Experience the Girl Scouts: Past, Present, Future Exhibit, where they’ll see vintage uniforms and artifacts
– Take a hip-hop dancing class
– Learn about WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts)
– Experience Zumbatonic®, the popular aerobic-dance workout designed for kids
– Wear a FREE B.I.G. temporary tattoo
– Learn about the wonders of the Hudson River at the Hudson River Museum booth
– Join in the ALL-DAY dance party with our very own DJ
– Add some Hair Flair to your look at the B.I.G. Hair Studio (additional fees apply)
– View the magic of the stars with an evening astronomy experience
– Snap your pic with the Journey Book characters
– Learn a cheer from one of New Jersey’s premier squads
– Take a short cruises on New York Harbor from the nearby marina (additional fees apply)
– Enter the onsite B.I.G. Photo Contest for a chance to win a fun prize and have your photos displayed for all to see on the jumbotron during the event!
– Take a soccer clinic on the picturesque fields of Liberty State Park
– Take a photo in front of Juliette Low’s Savannah, Georgia home! How? The wonders of technology!
– And this is just the beginning…
Food at The B.I.G. Celebration:
There will be a variety of delicious meal options and snacks for sale throughout the day and evening, including healthy and budget conscious items. Menus and pricing will be posted on this website in April. Please note that attendees may not bring outside food and beverage or coolers into the event site.
Participants who purchase tickets before February 29, 2012, will receive an early access pass granting them entry to the event one hour early.
The first 15,000 people to purchase tickets will receive a free cinch sack bag.